Thursday, May 23, 2019

MONDAY, 20 MAY 201

A BIG HILL AND A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE CITY

Sailing in Bergen afforded some beautiful scenery. Jim is miserable today, so he chose to stay on the ship. I on the other hand, armed with Rick Steves’ city walk, ventured out on my own. There is a fortress directly across the street from the pier and he town was a short walk from there. Bergen has a funicular that takes you to the top of Mount Floren, but the line was ridiculously long, so I chose to hike the 3 Km trail to the top. It took me 45 minutes to get up there. I discovered that losing 40 pounds and walking 8 miles a day since last August makes a HUGE difference in how easy it was to do it. There was a “troll garden”, a little lake, and some spectacular views. The hike down took about 30 minutes. (All the pictures today are from my phone).









































































No comments:

Post a Comment